Well over the past month Matt was in Orlando, FL at his pharmacy mid year meeting. He then came home unpacked and then packed again because my family went on a cruise together. It was seven days of relaxation, sun, yummy food, swimming, snorkeling, and lots of good time together. My favorite stop was probably Jamaica because we got to go to this beautiful waterfall called the Blue Hole. At the Blue Hole we did rock jumping into the water, walked down a waterfall, did the rope swing, and got to go in caves. The people we met just that one day made us feel so welcomed and made us feel like part of the country. I ate so much seafood I was in heaven even though by the end of the trip all I wanted was a pb&j.

After some airport delays we got home and Matt and I unpacked and packed again to head to his families for Christmas. We had a relaxing time with them all and it was great to be back in Kansas. Other than that we've been lucky enough to hang out with our friends and each other a lot.

Now that it's January Matt is back at it with his rotations and we both can't believe he's almost to May when he will be graduating. I'm counting down the days until my floral class starts back up. I love being able to practice my skill so I can soon pursue a job in floral design. While I do wedding independently I miss the floral shop environment. Matt and I are both counting down the days until March 21st as well when we find out where he is placed for his hospital residency and if there's a possibility that we will be moving to the other side of the country or not.
With a New Year comes resolutions and I do have a couple. My first is to become less selfish and more selfless. I'm selfish in that in times I think of myself first and my wants before others. Being a selfless person I strive to better myself and in turn help others. That could be in simple acts of helping, listening and not judging, doing something to better another or where I get no personal gain, or volunteering. My second resolution is to get a job in a floral shop. Once we know where we will be living this upcoming year I need to find a floral shop where I can be a designer and start my permanent career. My third resolution is to run another half marathon and attempt a full marathon as love as I am healthy enough. The full marathon has been a goal for me for over three years now that I still haven't attained. My fourth resolution is to draw more because I used to all the time and now I can't even remember the last time I sat down and was creative in this way. Other than that I hope I can blog more and just be a happy person in 2014.

Yeah another post, see I'm checking out your blog! I want to go back to Jamaica now :( I added Ocho Rios as one of my places on my weather app and it made me sad because it is was 84 degrees there today *sigh*. Also I'm excited for you guys to hear on March 21st where you're going, who knows maybe Omaha is in your future. Also good resolutions, I have mine written down on my bulletin board to inspire me and I bought a sketchbook to try and draw more. Anywho that's about it, toodles!
ReplyDelete