Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall(ing) in Love with our Island Adventures!

I'm not going to lie, ever since my sisters left after their trip to visit us in September I was pretty down.  I caught myself crying, being resentful that I was even here in NY which made me not the nicest person to my husband, and even worse putting myself down and looking at all the negative things instead.  All of a sudden I realized this is not me, I'm not a Debbie Downer who is a constant pessimist and Negative Nelly.

  After a long sob fest with my unsuspecting husband (who is awesome to put up with me) I decided I needed to do more things for myself and not just us and remember we are only here for a teeny tiny amount of time and should truly try to enjoy our surroundings.  I'm proud to say I feel like I've begun to take those steps and feel so much better and it couldn't come at a better time. With the changes in the season it's been beautiful here in the Fall.  They actually have a map after the weather where they show where the best fall foilage is which was unexpected.

We've also been able to go to Washington D.C. that I've always been wanting to go to (another one on the bucket list).  Pretty sure we saw Obama chilling by the top window!  Loved all the history and mystery of the city. 

I'm so happy I have chosen to be happy instead of a hot mess and try to enjoy every moment of our adventure.     

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for being upbeat and not a hot mess! You are coming to visit soon and then the rest of your time there will fly by! I love hearing about all your adventures and am jealous you get to experience so much of NYC! I will have to plan a trip back there as I didn't get the see everything I wanted to before :)

    ReplyDelete